New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow will be featured Wednesday when the Emmy-nominated series “A Football Life” returns for a second season on NFL Network.
“The Faces of Tebow” launches the 13-episode season airing at 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday nights this fall.
Other figures to be featured in the documentary series include Ray Lewis, Jimmy Johnson, Steve McNair, Tom Coughlin and Marcus Allen.
“A Football Life” is produced by NFL Films and examines iconic individuals and subjects that have had an undeniable and profound impact on the history of the National Football League, offering an inside look into their untold stories.
Tebow, who guided the Denver Broncos to the playoffs last season, is a widely popular and controversial figure in the NFL. He is now a backup quarterback for the New York Jets.
The second episode Sept. 19 focused on Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis and will provide an unprecedented look into the life of an NFL player. Following in the footsteps of last year’s critically-acclaimed Bill Belichick: A Football Life, Lewis became the first player in NFL history to wear a wireless microphone in every game for an entire season.
Additional subjects profiled this season include:
* Super Bowl-winning head coaches Tom Coughlin & Jimmy Johnson
* Late Tennessee Titans quarterback Steve McNair
* Hall of Fame running backs Marcus Allen & Barry Sanders
* Former owner of the San Francisco 49ers Eddie DeBartolo, Jr.
* Pro Bowl linebacker Chris Spielman
* The Los Angeles Rams’ Fearsome Foursome
* A celebration of “The Immaculate Reception” on its 40th anniversary
* The untold legacy of the 1995 Cleveland Browns
Here is the September and October broadcast schedule for A Football Life, airing at 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday nights and re-airing throughout the week:
* September 12 – Tim Tebow
* September 19 – Ray Lewis
* September 26 – Tom Coughlin
* October 3 – Cleveland ’95
* October 10 – Fearsome Foursome
* October 17 – Steve McNair
* October 24 – Eddie DeBartolo
* October 31 – Chris Spielman
For a sneak peak at the series, click the link below:
In the Coachella Valley, the NFL Network is available on DirecTV, Dish Network and Verizon FiOS.
Time Warner Cable customers will not be able to view the series unless they are Verizon mobile customers. Every episode of A Football Life and all NFL Network programming is streamed live on NFL Mobile from Verizon, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.